Position: professor, Chair of Physics, ChNU
Address: Cherkasy, 81 Shevchenko blvd.
1983 PhD, Institute of Metal Physics, Kiev
1992 D.Sci., Kharkiv University
- Theory of interdiffusion
- Kinetics of solid state reactions
- Theory of nucleation in open systems.
Honors and Awards:
- Honorary Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine since 1996
- Member of Ukrainian Physical Society
- A. Gusak, M. Danielewski, A. Korbel, M. Bochniak, and N. Storozhuk, Elementary model of severe plastic deformation by KoBo process, Journal of Applied Physics, 115, 034905 (2014)
- A.M. Gusak, A.O. Kovalchuk, B.B. Straumal. Interrelation of depletion and segregation in decomposition of nanoparticles. Philosophical Magazine, Volume 93, Issue 14, 2013 pages 1677-1689
- Andriy M. Gusak, Fiqiri Hodaj, Guido Schmitz: Flux-driven nucleation at interfaces during reactive diffusion, Philosophical Magazine Letters, (2011), v.91, №10, c. 610-620. DOI:10.1080/09500839.2011.600257.
- A.O. Kovalchuk, A.M. Gusak, King N. Tu, Theory of repeating nucleation in point contact reactions between nanowires. Nano Letters, 10 (2010) p.4799-4806.
- A.M.Gusak, T.V.Zaporozhets, Yu.O.Lyashenko, S.V.Kornienko, M.O. Pasichnyy, A.S.Shirinyan, Diffusion-controlled Solid State Reactions: in Alloys, Thin-Films, and Nanosystems, Wiley-VCH, Berlin, 2010.
- A. Gusak, K.Tu, Interaction between the Kirkendall effect and the inverse Kirkendall effect in nanoscale particles.Acta Materialia, Volume 57, Issue 11, pp.3367-3373 (2009).
- A.M. Gusak, T.V. Zaporozhets, Hollow nanoshell formation and collapse in binary solid solutions with large range of solubility, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 21, 415303 (2009)
- Gusak A.M., T.V. Zaporozhets, K.N. Tu, and U. Goesele. "Kinetic analysis of the instability of hollow nanoparticles." Philosophical Magazine 85 (2005): 4445-4464
- Tu K.N., Gusak A.M., Li M. Physics and materials challenges for lead-free solders// Journal of Applied Physics, 2003, v. 93, № 3, pp. 1335-1353 (Review).
- A.M.Gusak, K.N.Tu. Kinetic theory of flux-driven ripening. Physical Review B, Vol.66, 115403-16 (2002)